Well, that's it folks. 2010 is coming to a close and I am neither anticipating nor dreading the new year. Something about small children makes each day seem like just another day. I'm feeling less than inspired about today's quick 5, but in the spirit of writing I'm just going to write.
1. Christmas with my family was fun this year. Lots of babies. Lots of noise. While it was great to spend Joya's and Naomi's and Zeke's first Christmases together, I'm a little sad that this year was the Marsh year, only because I know how much fun next Christmas is going to be when the babies are a little less, well, baby. They sure were cute though.
2. I love reading end of the year lists. I've thought about doing a year-long reading list, but I seriously read three to four books a week. Okay, maybe two to three. But still, even if it's two a week, that's 104 books. That's a lot of record keeping.
3. Joya did not sleep through the night last night. So while we're very close to that phase, we're not quite there yet. It may have something to do with a slightly stuffy nose she was dealing with last night, which makes paci sucking difficult. I think we can thank Zeke for sharing the snot.
4. My mom got a laptop for her birthday, and I've been introduced to a new way to use mine: cooking. I'll admit that I rarely think outside the box, so it never occurred to me to use my laptop during cooking. I would find a recipe and dutifully print it off our desktop so I could follow the recipe as I cook. My mom got her laptop last Sunday and immediately busted it out in the kitchen to read a recipe. I'm all about it.
5. The elephant in the room is now all the packing I have to do for our move. Packing and unpacking is always so overwhelming to me. I'm just trying to keep my eyes on the prize: a bigger new place. How do army families do this all the time?
Happy New Year everyone!
10 months ago