1. Last Friday we participated in the final celebration of Alaina's birthday by using a gift sent by Aunt Mindy...a Sonic gift card. The weather was beautiful, so it was a perfect day to sit out at the picnic tables. It was very tricky to try and get Alaina to stay seated for the duration of the meal, but worth every time we had to say, "Sit down and eat!"
|Alaina's first corn dog|
|You don't have to teach a kid how to eat food on a stick.|
2. This series of photos is entitled "She's Three, But She Won't Look Directly At the Camera" or "Trying to Herd a Cat."
3. On Tuesday Lee had to do a little work from home after dinner. Alaina came up with this idea all on her own:
4. And just because I can't get enough of this face:
5. Sunday is our seventh anniversary. We plan to celebrate with some Chinese food tomorrow, which is amazing since Lee never wants Chinese food. But he went to this place with some people he works with and thinks I'll like it. I'm terribly excited. And I wish I had some pearls of wisdom to impart, now that we're at the seven year mark, but I don't really. Except maybe stop thinking about yourself so much and choose to be a servant to your spouse, if only for the reason that you once loved them enough to marry them. Life usually gets better once you stop thinking about yourself. And if you're feeling the seven year itch, take a shower, put on some lotion and get over it.
Happy Summer, everyone!