1. Mother's Day was lovely. I don't care that it is a day created by Hallmark; I love it. I spent the whole morning at church (of course), and then Lee and Alaina went and got us KFC for dinner. It's the one time a year I can convince them all to eat it. Lee surprised me by picking up stuff to make banana splits. I'll be honest: I would never in a million years have chosen a banana split as my dessert of choice, but it was glorious. Lee and Alaina had gone to the store and bought the bananas, ice cream, caramel topping and cherries. Add to all that chocolate syrup and whipped cream and it was so yummy. Lee says it's going to be our new Mother's Day tradition. I'm on board with that plan.
|Me and Alaina with the delicious dessert. We ate them after Joya went to bed. She can join us next year. Lee gave me two cherries; of course Alaina got to eat one of them. (She did have her own banana split, by the way.)|
2. Alaina and Joya got a fun pink and purple castle from Gramma and Grampa for Christmas. They love it and spend many minutes each day going in and out and generally creating hoopla around it. But I bet Gramma and Grampa never figured it was a two-in-one present: a castle AND a rocket. Alaina and her cousin Naomi made it into a rocket one day, and now it is a daily occurrence.
|Alaina specifically requested I take a picture of her in this pose|
3. There has been zero packing action this week. We move two weeks from tomorrow. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that we are moving out. I need to just do it. But the whole house thing is moving so slow and we're praying very hard that we get to close next week. The hardest part for me is the fact that we no longer really have a closing date; they've just told me we'll know a day or two in advance. So I'm praying we get the word on Monday or Tuesday at the latest we'll get the word. Join me, will you?
4. I suppose it's real enough: Lee and I are going to go pick out new carpet tomorrow. No pressure there, picking out something that look decent and that will last us years and years.
5. Here is a Daddy and his girls:
|In case there was any doubt: Joya is a goofball|