1. Presenting our Memorial Day project:
2. We've also added this gem to our yard:
3. Memorial Day was actually a tough day around here. The girls were all extremely fussy, although never at the same time. As soon as one would calm down and cheer up, one of the others would take up the cause. All three got in on the action. See?
4. The real excitement of the week came on Tuesday, when I decided to clean the bathrooms. It was laundry day, so I started a load, washed all the dishes, then cleaned the upstairs bathrooms. I moved to the downstairs bathroom only to find the shower full of water and water on the floor. Of course I called Lee right away and we agreed to call a plumber. I called him, and he said his guys would be there between 12 and 2. So I stopped all water usage. The plumber didn't show up until 6:30, though. It, being the day after a holiday, was quite busy for them. The worst part was Joya had thrown up twice the night before, so I had barf laundry waiting. But it was just a blockage in the main line caused by the aspen roots that like to gum up the works. It was easily (although not cheaply) taken care of.
|Bria and Alaina, hanging out while the plumber did his thing|
5. Joya brought me this toy the other day. I asked what it was. "My lady," she said. So cute.
And now on to the weekend! Happy birthday to my sweet pixie niece Naomi, who turns 3 today. And tomorrow and Sunday we'll celebrate our oldest turning 5. She's a real girl now.