1. I always hoped that since I have only girls, one of them would have long hair. Alaina can't be bothered with long hair and Joya has the world's most tender head (I'm tempted to contact Guinness World Records about it) so both of them have short hair. Bria has never minded me brushing her hair, so I thought she was it. Well, it's turns out she's a hair chewer. And that grosses me out to no end. So little Bria got her very first hair cut this week. I took her to the expensive kid place that lets them watch movies during the cut, and Bria watched Frozen. She was perfectly cooperative, although she kept telling the stylist that the conditioner she was spraying her hair "stinks!!"
2. You know all those jokes about people trying to pawn off their garden produce this time of year? That does not apply to me. So far, in my three years of home gardening, I've only gotten my garden to produce paltry amounts. Not really even enough to feed my family. I've gotten ONE zucchini this year, and one or two peppers. But never enough at once to really do something with them. I still have to buy stuff at the store. I've gotten TWO tomatoes:
3. My left arm and my left thigh are nice and tan. That's it. I forgot the tan you get when sitting in the carpool pick up line. No need to point and laugh; I'm aware.
4. Thanks to a generous gift from Lee's parents, our house has gotten a facelift: a new front door! The old one was so brown and crusty. The installer even remarked at how big a difference a real, insulated, air tight door would make, compared to the splintered wood one we had before.
5. We've done the best we can on our house so far:
Have a great long weekend!